What businesses are we looking for?
Typically any business that visitors would go out of their way to visit. Currently this includes; Boat Tours, Bus Tours, Activities, and Specialty Shops. In the near future we will also add pubs, restaurants and grocery shops etc under the facilities sections.
What information do we require?
-Business Name (As it will appear in the App)
-Business Description (A few sentences to grab visitors attention and provide essential information - Please don't exceed 100 words):
-Link 1 (Please provide primary URL for either website OR Facebook page, as your prefer):
-Link 2 (Please provide GPS* co-ordinates if you have premises/a location to direct visitors to or alternatively a Facebook link)*:
-Would you like some promotional flyers/posters?
-Attach picture to be used in the app listing (4:3 Aspect Ratio preferred)
*For GPS, co-ordinates zoom in on your business location in Google maps and click on target location. GPS Co-ordinates will be displayed in the format (57.588221, -6.355099) at the bottom of your screen. If you can’t find this information, please provide the address of your premises.
For each category: choose one icon and where applicable add a comment which should be up to 20 words. When a user clicks on the icon the comment will be displayed briefly. The comment field is entirely optional but it should explain any restrictions.
· Children Icon (Pick one only) - All ages welcome/No Under 18s/Some Restrictions apply
· Children Comment (20 words) - e.g Not suitable for Under 5s
· Dogs Icon (Pick one only) - All Dogs Allowed/No Dogs Allowed/Some Dogs with restrictions
· Dogs Comment (20 words) - e.g. Dogs welcome but must be kept on a lead
· Disabled Icon (Pick one only) - Full Access/No Access/Some Restrictions
· Disabled Comment (20 words) - e.g. Activities are not suitable for wheelchair users.
· Alcohol Icon (Pick one only) - Alcohol Sold, Alcohol Not Sold, Visitor May bring their own
· Alcohol Comment (20 words) - e.g. License till 12am
· Winter Icon (Pick one only) - Open Normal Hours/Closed/Reduced Hours
· Winter Comment (20 words) - e.g. Open by appointment/request only
How to contact us?
For advertising, all inquiries should be directed to Daniel at ExploreSkye@Gmail.com
When will the advert go live?
The app is typically updated quarterly
Is there any cost?
All adverts are currently free of charge. We recoup expenses by charging a nominal fee for downloading the app. This allows us to remain impartial and give every business an equal footing. Please help us help all businesses on Skye by promoting and recommending the app wherever possible.
How is the Explore Skye app advertised?
Because we are very much a location based application, the primary form of advertising shall be flyers, posters and word of mouth on Skye. We will also explore, Facebook and Adword campaigns online.